Sunday, March 8, 2009

Moving a couple of boards to the North

The NJBRG has needed a couple of weeks since the state finals to recover. And by "recover," I mean "move." Although still a source of North Jersey bowling info, I've temporarily had to relocate from Bergen County to Rockland County, and will have to commute across state lines for the time being. This has taken a bit of blogging time away, but I'd still very much like to put together some postseason All-Star teams, and for that I still need a bit more info.

If you heard Part 2 of the WGHT North Jersey bowling wrap-up a couple weeks ago, then you heard our pals Marco & John mention a GHT All-Area team for bowling. Since they're experts on the "big four" in the winter -- boys basketball, girls basketball, hockey and wrestling -- and admittedly aren't as up-to-speed on bowling (hence their reliance on Gutterball Greg), they don't do an All-Area bowling team. I've offered before, but air time restrictions kind of make it tough. So, because they were nice enough to name-drop the North Jersey Bowling Blog on Sports Overtime, I will put together: What the GHT All-Area bowling team would look like (assuming they had one). I'm also kicking around some other fun ideas for postseason honors.

That said, I'm still a bit short on some of the necessary info. I'm still in search of averages and final standings from 2 leagues -- NBIL and Northern Hills -- for All-Area. In order to do a full assortment of All-Stars, I'd also like to get a hold of averages and standings from the BCSL American and National/Olympic, as well as the HCIAA. Please notify any coaches/directors in these leagues that they can e-mail the aforementioned info to NorthJerseyBRG@gmail.com.

Our target date to get all of our All-Star teams published is this Friday, March 13 (the NJBRG is reverse-superstitious, and that is his lucky number).

No comments:

Post a Comment