Thursday, January 8, 2009

Off and rolling

Welcome to the North Jersey Bowling blog, dedicated covering high school bowling in... well, North Jersey. I've noticed the local newspaper coverage has been a bit lacking so far this season -- not that I can blame them, since it's usually pretty hectic around the holidays, and most major tournaments don't start until January. Also, with print journalism dying a Mustafa-esque slow death, papers are shrinking and have less room for coverage of anything. So, here we are.



I've been covering H.S. bowling in the Bergen/Passaic area for quite some time and have been into writing for an even longer time. However, it may take me a little bit to get the hang of this blogging thing. And since there's no money in this gig (yet), I may not always be able to make posting an urgent priority.



That said, I will do my best to keep things as up-to-date as possible from now through that most glorious of holidays -- President's Day -- when the NJ State finals roll around... for the girls teams. And, then, two days later for the individual finals... and then, the following Saturday for the boys team finals. Didn't everything used to be all in one semi-convenient day? Oh well, I ain't complaining. Especially when it means more bowling to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment